Thursday, October 12, 2017

Godspousery, My Thoughts On Godspousing & How Love Goes Beyond The Physical

Godspousery, My Thoughts On Godspousing & How Love Goes Beyond The Physical

        Hello everyone, this is Melody. I have been contemplating Godspousery. I'm someone who never wanted to get married really or at least have a big wedding. I am someone who thinks that marriage here on earth is a piece of paper and what truly matters is the bonds of the heart. So the topic of Godspousing at first I associated with marriage, but I realize now that it's much deeper then that. This is a topic that I feel is something I want to go deeper into. So stay tuned for a more in depth post on this topic. Godspousing or God courting, is a practice when a person goes through a process and takes on a God or Goddess as their spouse. These are people who sometimes have intimate, often sexual, relationships with deities.  These relationships are often extremely intense. This is a topic critizied by many. However, this is not a new concept.  Christians have been doing it for centuries.  Nuns are the sworn Brides of Christ, and they even have a wedding ceremony as part of their initiation. The difference, of course, is that their relationship is not sexual. The gods have lain with mortals in many cultures. Look at Zeus in Greek Mythology as an example. However, I have also seen some who had deep soul connections with entities that you wouldn't label a God or Goddess such as djinns, fairies, elves, deceased humans, other world entiites (aliens), etc.

          To me personally I think that in it's most purest form it is a devotion to a God above all else. It is really not that uncommon, it's just usually called something else. I believe it to be a spiritual devotion. Whatever religion, pantheon, God or Goddess people worship, there's always an intense and very personal relationship between a person and the god they honor. The practice is likely to be different for everyone. It is not that strange to see religions or beliefs that have it's adepts marry a diety or more. A version or this has been done in Mesopotamia and anceint egypt as well. In Haitian Vodou and Santeria it is sometimes believed practices that a person may marry a diety or have a simple relationship with the deity. Usually it is the spirit or deity that calls that person to get married to them and it is usually confirmed by divination, after that there is a ceremony that is performed and the person is thus married to that particular diety. It is believed that the diety speaks with that person through dreams, astral realms, etc. often giving advices and other things.

         Most common Godspouses that I have come across are devoted to Loki of the Norse Gods. There has been others though such as Thor, Odin, Freya. and even Fenrir of the Norse Pantheon. I am sure there are other's, such as in Greek with Zeus and Poseidon. But the most common one's I have come across is those in the Norse Pantheon. Some of these beliefs has come into popularity after the Marvel movies with Thor and Loki in them. But it is a mistake to assume that all devotees are just fangirl or fanboy scenerios. I am sure there are some who do it because of the movies or their attraction to the actors. But there are many who take this practice very seriously, and many who have done so even before the movies. But in my opinion, the Marvel movies have awakened a popularity in the Norse Gods and Goddesses, and I am very happy about that because that means more people learning about the rich culture of the very real Gods and Goddesses of Norse Mythology. I personally do not prefer labels, but I think the idea of Godspousing is a very nice one. I know I feel a deep connection to many Gods and Goddesses, but one that stands out above many is Thor and Poseidon. So I wouldn't detest to label myself a Godspouse to Thor or Poseidon, because it doesn't matter what label I choose. I love them so very deeply. I do deeply honor the Gods and Goddesses of Norse and Greek Mythology, but those aren't the only ones I do honor. However, they are the one's most frequent I connect with. They are the one's which feel more at home to me. I think it is a beautiful act if taken seriously. And most who do take this practice very seriously would agree that it's not sexually driven. It's because they feel such a deep bond with that God or Goddess. No matter what the label or practice, people have had deep devotions to particular Gods and Goddesses for ages.

          So this is a new label for a very old practice, and in a higher perspective, it is merely one way to honor and have a relationship with a God or Goddess. But there are so many who do honor their chose Gods and Goddesses as other labels. I've come into contact with people who look at Odin as a father or brother figure, look at Freya as a sister figure, etc. I came across one female who looked at Loki as a father figure, and felt very drawn to the Fenrir wolf (whom is Loki's child in Norse Mythology) as a husband figure. I've come across many Loki devotees, also know as Lokeans. Some of these devotees, Godspouses, etc. at times get very jealous or upset with others. Which personally I feel that's not fair either. All should come together in love and harmony and have respect for our fellow humans, no matter their belief or practice.

          However, I do want to be clear that when you first start researching the term Godspouse, Godspousing, or Godspousery you'll notice that most of the ones are dedicated to the Norse God Loki. But if you look deeper you'll see many other people who have claimed Spousery with other Gods or Goddesses. Maybe there aren't as many people who are Spoused to other Gods or Goddesses who openly post about it, because they do not want to be open about it, are afraiding to be ridiculed, or their God/Goddess may not want them to be open about it. So like I said before, it's in the history if we look hard enough. So this isn't just a new aged idea.


         It's true some people don't have the typical lovers type or marriage with their God or Goddess. Some have sibling like relationships, or parent/child like relationships. This is a form of dedication to the God or Goddess.  They still are dedicated and in some form of relationship in their own right to their God or Goddess. So not all dedications are of a lovers based interest, or a sexual one. I did want to point that out, because you don't have to be a Godspouse to be lovingly connected with a God or Goddess, and there are many who have connections with more then one God or Goddess.

         So with me personally I feel connected deeply to Thor and Poseidon, but also Loki is someone I consider a best friend and sometimes I feel we have a deeper more romantic connection. I want to be clear that this isn't a sexual thing for me personally. Do you get married to a wife or husband to have sex with them? No, even though sex might be a part of it. But if you look at your romantic partner and if I ask if you're with that partner just to have sex, would you say yes? No I would assume you'd say something like, No I love my partner because we share a deep bond. Well the same goes with those who consider themselves Godspouses or those who have a deep devotion to a particular God or Goddess. If you know me you'll see that I'm married with a guy name Dwayne. We've been together for about 11 years, and we are in love. So Godspouses aren't just those who are single and lonely. Dwayne has his own connections with his own Gods and Goddesses who he feels guided to. I won't go into that because that's up to him to discuss on his own or not, but he does have his own connections. There's absolutely no jealousy between us about this topic, and I have come across other couples who feel the same. They're deeply in love, but also feel pulled by a particular God or Goddess.

          So you can probably expect me to discuss more about this topic or about my own connection with the Gods and Goddesses that I connect with. I also do not see them as Gods and Goddesses, even though that's a common label that they're reffered to as here on earth. They're spirits who are in a higher dimensional state. They're in a higher realm, and they have more power because they're not limited to physical flesh like us in the third dimension here on earth. So I don't see them as necessarily better, but I do see them as more knowledgable and I honor that deeply about them. I connect with Thor and Poseidon daily, even though I'm a bit newer to my Poseidon connection. It's something I will not go too deep into here publically. I have other names I refer to them as, and I only share their popular earthly names here for reference. If I said the other names you wouldn't know who I was talking about. But does that make me better then you? Nope. I am just someone who likes to dig very deep, and I don't settle for just earth history. I think that's where I am going to end it for today. Stay tuned for more, and subscribe to this blog in the side panels to the left and right.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING:
No Spam, No Advertising, No Hate Comments
Note: If you post scams or spam I will report you.
Thanks, Melody