I'm doing a bit better today, and I know that this is going to be one step at a time. I've really been thinking about things, especially what we are taught nowadays about positivity. Being a positive individual is very important. I try to be as positive as I can. We are taught that if you are positive then you will attract more positive things. While I do believe that is true, I feel as though there is more to it than what is commonly taught. In my work with doing psychic readings for people I've come across many individuals who push their emotions deep down and hide from those negative emotions in an attempt to be more positive. In doing so they will not deal with those negative thoughts and emotions in a positive and beneficial way.
I have done this myself. I have got to a point where I have hidden from those negative emotions, and I have pushed them aside in an attempt to be more positive. But that is not true positivity. Or at least it would appear to not be true positivity. It would appear to be an illusion. Is that a form of lying to yourself? Or do I really have things messed up? Here's my thinking... We go through obstacles in life in order to strengthen ourselves and to become better people. The negative things that happened to us in our life can have positive influences on us if we learn the lessons that those experiences are about. But in order to receive the lessons from those negative experiences we must not hide from them. We must not push them aside. Of course it's important to not wallow in the pain and make that pain the center of your life. But is it also not healthy to not ever think about those negative experiences?
For example recently as you may or may not know one of my cats named Hershey died. That was an extremely painful experience, and it brought up a lot of negative thoughts in my mind. What if I would have blocked out those negative emotions? What if I never questioned them? What if I pretended to not feel them? All in an attempt to remain positive. Maybe I would have overcome the grief faster? Or maybe I would have bottled up those negative things and pushed them deep down inside and only made it an illusion to myself that everything was okay... I don't want to live in an illusion. Positive experiences have many great lessons for us, but the negative experiences also have many great lessons for us.
Are people going through their life nowadays trying to manifest positive things with a positive mindset, but missing out on great opportunities to overcome emotional obstacles? I had an uncle who is now passed away and I was told that he used to bottle up his emotions and not deal with them to the point to where it started to become too much, and he would explode at the most simplest things. I'm sure people might have looked at him in those times when he was bottling up those emotions and think that he was handling the situation well. They might think that he was being a very positive individual. All the while deep down inside emotional wounds were festering because he didn't give love and care to those emotional wounds. Meanwhile my dad is one that would express his emotions out. Rarely would he hold his anger or frustration back. It was actually to the point to where he was a bit too hostile. No I don't want to talk shit about my father. In many ways he is a very positive person. But there were times when he would yell so much. Now that I am an adult and I look back at those actions I see that he wallowed in his emotions a bit too much. He would worry and stress about them to the point that it made him so angry and frustrated and he would not be able to release that pain. He would hold onto the pain and live in that negativity. My dad being on one end of the spectrum, and my dad's brother being on the other end of the spectrum.
We don't want to hold on to the pain and make the emotional wounds and negative experiences the only part of our life. But we also do not want to hide from the emotional wounds and negative experiences in an attempt to make positivity the only part of our life. Both of those could be very destructive. I hope I'm getting my point clear, and even as I write this I am trying to sort it out in my mind. I want to have a balance of those two. I want to be a positive person, and appreciate the things that I have in life. But I also want to learn the lessons that are presented to me through negative experiences and heal those emotional wounds instead of bottling them up. I believe we need to find a balance between so that we can be the most that we can be. So that we can learn as much as we can. You never know what knowledge and wisdom could come through from attaining such balance, and you never know how many people you might be able to help later on by getting the most out of those situations. This includes helping ourselves in the process. These are just my thoughts from my own perspective as I think them. If you would like to share your thoughts on the topic please do so in the comments.
Cosmic Blessings

Hey girl you are so right. Balance is the key but very hard to do! I am so sorry about your kitty. I am sending so much love to you! I cried when reading it because it is so fresh for me too but I feel him and know he is still with me , but as much as it sucks it does get alittle easier with time. I am glad your feeling alittle better today!! Text me if you need anything or just want to talk. Sending lots of love and hugs your way! Be gentle with yourself o.k.
ReplyDeleteLove you Barbara Conner